Sunday, January 19, 2014

up-up-updatez!

Just got back from Reminisce at Blu Jaz and had the sudden urge to blog - mind you this does not happen often, and when it does I can go on and on... I hope I don't bore anybody reading this space with my (not so boring) word vomit + visual spam!

December has come and gone in a flurry of festivities, despite my deep love for the month and the exceptional parties I have had; this year's seemed to be mellower (is there such a word?!?!). I guess this is one of the perks of growing up if you consider mellow as something to be embraced, less RAH RAH RAH and more hmm... I don't know how to describe it but if there were a metaphor or comparison it'd be something along the lines of the vibe you get when you are dancing to sMoOOoooOOOOOOv3 r&B? I don't know.



Surprise party planned by the best boyfriend in the world at Park Avenue

  
The frickin cute bunting on my birthday TART he he he ^_^
 
I'm 21 now. This is the day where I think I'm supposed to wake up and feel that something in me has changed and there's electricity in the air, whatever bullshit the media has conjured up that we all expect to feel when we reach this coming-of-age period of our lives etc etc.

BUT NO.

Didn't feel nothing except the rising panic in me as I realized I had tons of errands to run for my party and worrying that people wouldn't enjoy themselves and that my hair is in a state of trance (literally frizzed up and raving on their own like my hair follicles invited Armin Van Buuren to spin for them while I was COMPLETELY OBLIVIOUS). Yup.

Other than that it's been great being 21 for a month because it's January now. I now have to start telling people I am 22. THIS IS NOT COOL YO, this be cRaMpiNg mA sTyL3 <- and for the fact that I still do type like this, albeit for the fun of it. I certainly do not feel 22, I am not ready to be 22 and my ovaries are finally agreeing with me too because they feel like they're 78.

Right. That was a bit of a digression and too much pelvic region information.

Then came Christmas!

 
Pam and Titus' Christmas Party where you can see the theme was Rock'N'Roll. I think I was more Roll than anything... a swiss roll. But it was such a fun night, and I have to applaud them for throwing such an amazing party because I know I'll never be able to pull something like that off in my own home and dealing with Vomitus Maximus(es). Such are the lives of rockstars though - which both of them truly are <3

Christmas Mass @ Midnight, then we adjourned to Mink where my feet failed me.


 
NYE at Bliss Hotel which was wonderful, and fifty shades of tiredness. 

Then came the dreadful day of sending Aly off to the land of meatballs and DIY furniture - Sweden //////slit wrists

There was never a time I was without my other half. When she traveled, I was right next to her. When we both graduated from secondary school, we were in the same Poly, same school and doing related courses; hers being Mass Comm (btw there is only ONE mass comm diploma in Singapore and it's only at NP, I have to put this out there #sorrynotsorry) and mine being Advertising & PR. We moved on to Uni and she still is such a huge part of my life. There was never a time I couldn't remember not having her around for major events and milestones in our lives because we are quite inseparable when we are together, so trust me when I say it felt like 3/4 of my heart stopped beating when all I could see was her disappearing back as she wandered around the departure hall after checking in.

 Me trying to be part of the baggage she had to check in... but the lady at the counter said NO. 

Being a needy bitch when she had to leave... this looks like we were posing for a picture but it really was just a futile attempt at holding her down from ever approaching the horrible, monstrous, disastrous, terrible boarding gates. 

When she finally left, all I wanted to do was sit down and bawl my eyes out. I wanted to hurl my bag at the glass that separated us and kick up a big fuss so she'd come out to cajole me and tell me she was just doing this because I was getting Punk'd. 

Obviously that was me being a very unclassy bitch. + she had her entire family and full force of friends to send her off and I would look stupid doing that. 

What a horrible day, what a horrible thing it must be to have to send your best friend off for 6 months... but I am happy she is exploring the world :')

In my depression I sought solace in eating my weight in brunches with other bitches that I actually do care about.


 With XQ


With Tamagoauyong <3

Forty Hands @ Yong Siak, Pique Nique @ Jcube, Eggs N Berries @ Westgate, PARK @ Holland Village in order of pictures

 
I've also been spending an incredulous amount of time with Xueqi.
 

 
She's also my OOTD photographer, and its been great hehehehe. I love my crazy cat lady very much, who happens to be as beautiful and as talented as she is. 
 






 
Crazy beautiful pictures because of my babyboo, all the effort she puts in to generate these pictures... I cannot even.

Of course, I tried my hand at being the woman behind the lens too:

 
PASS LA OK.

And why did nobody introduce me to CC Cream till NOW!!!!!!
 
 This is me barefaced, no edits, no filter after applying a layer of CC Cream that I got from The Face Shop and it is amazing/!?!?!?!?! I immediately snapped a photo to send to XQ to rave about it because it was so light and the best part is that it is SPF 50+!!!! Such high SPF without the sticky and heavy feeling on my skin!!!!!!! AMAZED!!!!!!!



 
 All my face with CC Cream (so amazing right!?!?!?!) and then errrrr a random snapshot of my outfit for one of the days I spent taitai-ing it out w XQ before heading over to Kyo hahahaha

Ok abrupt end because it's been 2 hours since I last drafted this post and it's 8am and I was home around 430am and this means I haven't gotten any shuteye and I need to shower and head out very soon omg the life of a busy bee #gonnadiebefore30

1 comment: