Tuesday, January 28, 2014

#neckswag

Despite work tomorrow, I'm going to meet my favourite girl...





You can tell who it is right?

My right eye has been swollen for weeks and I have no idea what triggered it. It's so evident in the pictures above and I am very disturbed by my asymmetrical face, this is sounding bimbotic but having a swollen eye isn't the ideal face anybody would want to wake up with right?!

Anyway, as you can see from the title of today's blogpost I'm going to be showing all my favourite necklaces from my own neckswag collection. If you know me, you'd know my favourite accessory of all time would be statement necklaces. Even before they were in trend, I'd always find myself heavily reliant on my necklaces to put my whole outfit together. 

I decided to just share my favourites!


Clockwise:
Giant Knot in Gunmetal from Talisman, Daisy in Perspex from Loop On, Versace Lion from overseas, Kirsten Bejeweled in Pastel from wildflowerwildfire, Fallen Leaves from Far East Plaza


Clockwise:
Simple Chain from wildflowerwildfire, Notorious from overseas, Spiked Baubles from H&M, Neon Jewels from Lovisa, Bejeweled Acrylic from H&M

If you have yet to realize, most of them are in silver tones. I prefer the sleek, cool and muted vibe that silver gives but sometimes the golds are the ones that really make the entire look pop. But because most of my clothes are in black with silver accents, it makes more sense to buy the silver ones to match.

Something about silver makes me feel put together, I can't put my finger on it but my love affair with the metal is so intertwined that I hardly have anything to match gold tones with.

While some of my necklaces are bolder, I think they're staples in any girl's wardrobe. The Kirsten Bejeweled, Daisy in Perspex and Neon Jewels are perfect examples of statement necklaces that would instantly up your classiness scale once you put them on - but its risky business because you need the right cuts for your top to make sure they don't hog the entire limelight of your outfit. I never believed in focusing on ONE area but more of how every unique piece you are wearing gels together.

I am definitely not an expert on mix-n-match though. Solid blacks, whites, grays and blues dominate my wardrobe space and I am big on clean lines and minimalistic looks nowadays; so obviously everything I have gels the fuck together...


Of course, you could never go wrong with an everyday-wear chain and pendant from Tiff&Co too - courtesy of the boyfriend *kisses*!

No comments:

Post a Comment