Sunday, March 2, 2014

Cherryqqeats

My entire life has always revolved around food; I grew up in an F&B environment and was always exposed to the industry because of my family business and my Dad's love for eating (almost anything).

My family sells food served on a hotplate. We've had it since I was very little, perhaps when I was around 7 or 8. Today, I am 22 so we've been operating for 14 YEARS! I grew up with the shop - moving from Merchant Sq to Le Meridien till where we are now and it hasn't been a smooth journey, especially so when you have a crazy mother and a psychotic father working together, but I'd say it was bittersweet.

Growing up was an amalgamation of trying out different cafes, new restaurants on the block, discussing business ideas and experimenting with my father. His immense love and passion for food allowed me to do a myriad of things connected to the food industry. Not only that, he taught at Raffles International because he enjoyed sharing his culinary experience with the younger generation.

My interest in food grew, but obviously not for cooking due to my apparent lack of domestic skills.

Yup, that would be me in the kitchen...

And most of you would know that Gerard is also a chef, AND HAVING A CHEF BOYFRIEND REALLY MAKES YOU FAT. But that is besides the point. The point is, he is also teaching me so much and I've learned several cooking techniques (in theory only of course, never practical for me) so I sound very smart when describing food HAHA!

With much persuasion from Pamela (G's sister), I decided that yeah I should do a food blog because that's what I do - I eat with everyone! I also enjoy writing so it's perfect! Plus, I have my dad and Gerard to give me tips on how to explain and describe certain things to make my posts a little more informative so I thought why not? 

The OCD freak in me is going nuts because I'm not gna start a new one, but just continue here on this space. Want to work on changing the layout and realized that my header is already so perfect because I am being a greedy pig eating no less than beehoon... so Singaporean. 

Yup! So that was the point of this post! I'll tag the food posts under #cherryqqeats so it'll be neater and easier for those who just want to read about the food only. 

And do leave comments (if there's even anybody reading it...) on where I should try next if you have a place that simply cannot be kept to yourself and is so darn good you gotta spread da luRv3 ~~~


No comments:

Post a Comment