Monday, March 3, 2014

Domestic Goddess (Not)

 

Since the start of the year, I've realized that Gerard and I have been doing a lot more cooking rather than eating out. Kitchen Adventures is a segment I'll start on this platform to share with you guys the foods we (he) made because they're just damn bloody good?! If I could have meals like these all day I'll never have to eat out again hehe.

Disclaimer: I really only do 5% of cooking and 100% of the eating.

 

We were sick of eating out because I only really crave for breakfast at dinnertime I AM SO WEIRD I KNOW so we went shopping and got reeeeeeeally simple necessities for a hearty dinner! I am also aware of the ready meals pictured in the photo - that's me being domestic (in my definition of the word) HAHAHAHA.

Simple meal consisting of bullseye eggs, tomatoes, ham and a jazzed up version of tuna mayonnaise made me a very happy camper! ^_^ Contrary to popular belief, I am pretty easy to maintain ok. Gerard made tuna mayo so damn delish I think I can never eat tuna straight from the can anymore, this is the epitome of SPOIL MARKET you know you know?!?!

 

Am also starting to develop an insatiable sweet tooth that only can be satisfied by warm desserts; THIS IS VERY VERY BAD. Desserts are the killers of all meals!!! Decided to let my cR3aTiV3 jUiC3s flow and came up with very uninspiring Nutella Toasties - yup, not very creative person here. 

I simply toasted some bread and cut them into strips to dip into Nutella............................................... 
It was so easy I got addicted to making them, and if I ever start my own cafe THIS IS MY SIGNATURE DISH.

  

This was our TexMex feast on another day after I got inspired by Chili's fajitas. AND I CAN PROUDLY SAY THAT I DID THE COOKING FOR THIS MEAL woop woop bragging rights are now mine!

Pam very enthusiastically stuck to our dinner menu and was in charge of beverages where she made the widest variety of Margaritas to go with the meal. Thumbs up for spontaneous people like that lor, typical Singaporeans are quite l4m3 and will just come for the food... 

 

MEH TO ALL YOU BORING GRAPES!!!!!! YOU HEAR ME!!! MEHHHHHHH!!!!

 

Trio Fajitas - Roasted Chicken, Grass Fed Ribeye & Cajun Shrimp on a bed of pan-fried bell peppers. So happy that everyone enjoyed it but we had so much condiments and meats that people were having fajitas that resembled burritos HAHA.

 

Also made a Scallop & Bacon Salad! Pretty proud of my sCaLL0p sKiLLz man, they were perfectly browned on both sides and moist + bouncy on the inside ~~~

 

Everyone should be clapping like this for me. 

 

Whaddup blurry picture of our condiments ~

We made homemade guac too and it was SO BLOODY LIGHT and moreish I wanted to die by drowning in a reservoir of it. 

Side note: Bottom right is a bowl of jalapenos. And I know this isn't related but it's pronounced as HA-LEY-PEN-YOS. My biggest pet peeve is mispronunciation and I've had so much displeasure for patrons of Subway who say it in the WORST SINGLISH MANNER ever known to mankind; you have no idea how much I want to take a footlong and slap the person's face to make them learn the right way of life.

 

AND THIS... THIS IS ONE SEXY MOTHERFUCKER OF ALL PASTAS I'VE EVER HAD. 

Gerard created this because he dreamt that he made some luscious, heavenly, god-worthy pasta dish with prawns in a puddle of light tomato broth - AND HE RECREATED IT FROM HIS MEMORY OF THE DREAM.

Like what the fuck is this talent why am I such a failure in life who does these things my boyfriend is like a prophet or something?!?!?!?!?!?!?

It was so good, I'm happy to leave the world now. 

 

This was just earlier today - Quail Tulips wrapped in Streaky Bacon & Seared Scallops. The onions on the quail were pickled and boy oh boy please can I be a pickled onion in my next life. The game was cooked to a perfect medium rare and retained a slight gamey taste which I was a little freaked out by, but nonetheless a joy in my mouth. 

Scallops were, as usual, everyone's favourite! What more to say right? Hello, scallops leh!

That's all I have but till the next adventure, I wish everyone a belly-full week ahead  n_n


No comments:

Post a Comment